Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The "Official" Start

If you've not had the pleasure of reading my previous, epic blogs on myspace...you are in for a treat!

I love to write, and have not done much of it in a while. I suddenly had an epiphany as to why that is...I hadn't been running! Some of my most brilliant thoughts, ideas, and eventually blogs, journals, poems, or whatever have come to me while i was running. Well I am indeed running again, and training for a 1/2 Marathon no less...so you are in for all kinds of delightful words in the coming months!

Even if no one ever reads *any* of this...I will still write it and love it. I enjoy writing and seeing my thoughts written out. I am a better writer than speaker...probably because I can edit myself and if you know me at all, if I'm allowed to blurt then blurt I will and often beg my words to come back into my mouth. But I digress.

I have many things to say now and in the days, weeks, months to come. As I said, I am training for my first half marathon. PF Chang's Rock-N-Roll to be exact on January 16th. I am two weeks into my "official" training. I've had to edit the plan a bit based on a few choice weeks between now and then that are not conducive to organized training of any kind.

In November I am also going on my *first* mission trip to Belize. I have a lot to say about that right now as well...but we shall come back to it. This is just my "INTRO" blog anyway....

Another entertaining activity I will very likely write about...is my journey with playing the guitar. There is a whole big story to tell about that...

What else is up in Lampi Land, you may ask....well right now, I desperately need to get out of my running garb. Yes, I was so excited about this when I was done with my 3.5 mile run...I came straight in the door and got on the computer so as not to lose the thought and motivation. But seeing as how my mint-chocolate GU isn't going to hold my hunger over much longer, and my feet are screaming to be set free of their rubber and nylon running shoe prison, escaping to cool water and, more importantly, soap...I will come back to this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment