Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What does it all mean?

"what is she talking about...personal legend?" Until recently I would not have caught this reference either. As it turns out, in addition to writing, I also do know how to read! On my trip to MN in August for my sister's wedding, I read The Alchemist after hearing from person after person what an amazing piece of literature it is (and it is!). I read it in just about 4 days. As it turns out, I memorize lines from books nearly as proficiently as memorizing line from movies (I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal). I can remember the line from page 11 that reads, "It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."

This book has many, many quotable moments, but this stuck with me. The entire theme of the book is realizing dreams, or as Paulo Coehlo calls it, pursuing your Personal Legend.

That's why I titled my blog as such...because I think by and large it will chronicle my pursuit of dreams, and all the frustrating, tragic, hilarious, random, and awesome moments that come along with it.

Alternate titles: "Chaotic Beauty", "We All Want to Leave Behind a Legacy", "You Remember Me Forever", or "I Love Lamp".

Take your pick, but I already made mine so get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment